What is DIABETES??
Diabetes is a chronic, metabolic disease characterized by elevated levels of blood glucose (or blood sugar), which leads over time to serious damage to the heart, blood vessels, eyes, kidneys and nerves.
TYPES OF DIABETES
1)The most common is type 2 diabetes, usually in adults, which occurs when the body becomes resistant to insulin or doesn’t make enough insulin.
2) Type 1 diabetes, once known as juvenile diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes, is a chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin by itself
In the past 3 decades the prevalence of type 2 diabetes has risen dramatically in countries of all income levels.
What is TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS
- Type 2 Diabetes is also known as Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM) or Adult-onset Diabetes. Diabetes mellitus is a syndrome characterized by increased level of sugar (glucose) in the blood due to deficiency or inactivity of hormone ‘Insulin’ that is absolutely necessary to monitor glucose metabolism of body.
2. This is a metabolic disorder that is primarily characterized by insulin resistance, relative insulin deficiency and consecutively hyperglycemia. Diabetes is prevalent worldwide and if not attended properly, it may lead to serious complications.
Homeopathic Treatment for Diabetes 2:
- Homeopathy is based on the principle that disease is a total affliction of body. Moreover homeopathy recognizes importance of the underlying causes such as genetic and inherited factors as the root of any ailment of the body. Homeopathic medicines prescribed on such criteria plays a crucial role in management of many deep rooted, chronic, difficult diseases; one amongst them being Diabetes.
- When we talk about diseases like diabetes, we talk in terms of management rather than cure.
- Homeopathic treatment along with intake of hypoglycemic drugs and/or insulin can prevent the progress and the complications associated with this condition.
- Moreover timely administered homeopathic medicines help in maintaining the levels of exogenous insulin and hypoglycemic drugs at minimum possible dosage and in preventing the further progress of the disease.
Is HOMEOPATHY a substitute for INSULIN??
There is no substitute to insulin in homeopathy.
The role of a healthy diet and exercise cannot be underestimated along with all the above treatment measures.